PACIFIC NORTHWEST RECEIVERS, INC.
Significant experience with financial problems in a wide variety of fields, including specialization in real estate development at all stages of completion. Approved as an FDIC contractor, Mr. Zegar is an experienced legal and business professional who has a unique understanding of your business needs, insolvency and restructuring issues. Highly experienced bankruptcy lawyer (licensed to practice law in CA - Inactive 1/6/14) with extensive experience in bankruptcy court litigation and supervised case management including Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trusteeships, custodial and general receivership's, crisis and financial restructuring assignments, liquidations and asset sales under Section 363 as well as part of an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors proceeding. Served as Trustee and Trustee's counsel on numerous occasions.
More than 30 years of experience as a real estate advisor, monetizing nonperforming assets into income streams.
Trunk Properties, Inc - Since 1982
- Presently engaged in "Special Servicing" of distressed commercial properties/ managing and liquidating CMBS portfolios
- Over 25 years experience in multi-residential and commercial real estate investing and development
- Syndicated over $25,000,000 of acquisition real estate partnerships in the early 1990s. Managed through disposition of several hundred units in the west Los Angeles market.
- Own and operate an 11-acre industrial park complex in Everett, Washington.
- Approved FDIC Contractor – Asset Management
1979 – 2003 – Law Offices of Marc Zegar, APC
- The Los Angeles firm represented over 30 banks and mortgage companies on real estate secured claims as well as the major title insurance companies in the national market. The firm grew into a 6-lawyer boutique firm that enjoyed a great deal of litigation success from high profile cases.
- Restructured and litigated complex real estate transactions in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Strong understanding of Pooling and Servicing Agreements, CMBS and REMIC Regulations.
- Obtained the highest surplus claim result in the history of Chicago Title Insurance Company.
- Successfully liquidated Ace Finance Company in Los Angeles, the oldest finance company in the city with tens of millions of dollars of lien contracts secured by deeds of trust.
1974 – 1979 - Marc Account Systems, Inc., Torrance CA
- Founded and operated startup Marc Account Systems, a California licensed collection agency. Specialized in medical collections, representing all major hospitals within 20 miles of Long Beach CA.
- Responsible for all company sales and collection results employing 10 to 12 collectors
- Initiated industry first mechanized debt collection with "tape to tape' data transmission resulting in pre-printed lawsuits
- Generated annual sales of more than $4 million at time of sale disposition
- University of West Los Angeles School of Law
- Licensed by the CALIFORNIA STATE BAR 1979 – Inactive 1/6/14.
- Author of golf novel "One Last Shot": http://www.golfnovels.com